Friday, March 21, 2014

ECUR 809: Assignment 5 - Survey Draft

This week's assignment is to create a test a survey, using a variety of question types. I chose to create my form in Google Apps because I am quite involved in the roll-out of this system in my school division. However, I'm not quite sure if this is the method I would use for gathering data or not if completing an actual program evaluation. I haven't use Google forms very much, and I wanted to test out this aspect of Google Apps more fully.

Here is a link to my form.

I used a variety of question types (multiple choice, numeric,
scale, checkbox, text and paragraph text) in my survey, so I am curious to see how these work in the spreadsheet that gathers the data for Google forms.

As I haven't created many research surveys in the past, I referred quite heavily to the article "Formatting a Paper-based Survey Questionnaire: Best Practices", by Elizabeth Fanning, for guidelines in creating my first drat. Prior to creating the questions, I worked my way through the design considerations identified by the author - noting my thoughts and plans here.

My survey is currently being tested out by four teachers, who have agreed to respond by lunch time tomorrow. After reviewing their answers, I will fine tune my survey and post a revised version.

No comments:

Post a Comment